Qualitative research is useful for those people who are trying to learn more about the market their business is trying to succeed in. In this article our experts will explain you how to write qualitative research and make everything properly. Continue reading and find out what is the difference between qualitative method of research and quantitative research itself.
Qualitative Research: Definition
Let’s identify the qualitative research. It is a special method for market analysis. It should focus on getting information from communicating with customers.
The main reason why you should provide such an analysis is to find out what your customer thinks about your service or good. Also, the question “why” is important for this type of work. You need to find out the reason a person has a particular opinion. In case you need to find out why people are purchasing some particular item instead of another one, the best way would be to provide a qualitative research.
You need to visit other local stores and get some women and men interviewed. This method will help you to get the clearest picture of what people really think and like. Just like the executive summary for business. The most objective result is possible only in case you will interview all people equally. You will have to interact with them personally to understand their point of view and get entire market tendencies covered.
Qualitative analysis will give you an opportunity to understand your customer and build your further relationships including their answers to the whole picture. The main goal is not just to find out the opinion of the customer but also to understand their motivation.
The advantage of using qualitative methods is that they generate rich, detailed data that leave the participants' perspectives intact and provide multiple contexts for understanding the phenomenon under study. In this way, qualitative research can be used to vividly demonstrate phenomena or to conduct cross-case comparisons and analysis of individuals or groups.
Among the specific strengths of using qualitative methods to study social science research problems is the ability to:
- Obtain a more realistic view of the lived world that cannot be understood or experienced in numerical data and statistical analysis;
- Provide the researcher with the perspective of the participants of the study through immersion in a culture or situation and as a result of direct interaction with them;
- Allow the researcher to describe existing phenomena and current situations;
- Develop flexible ways to perform data collection, subsequent analysis, and interpretation of collected information;
- Yield results that can be helpful in pioneering new ways of understanding;
- Respond to changes that occur while conducting the study ]e.g., extended fieldwork or observation] and offer the flexibility to shift the focus of the research as a result;
- Provide a holistic view of the phenomena under investigation;
- Respond to local situations, conditions, and needs of participants;
- Interact with the research subjects in their own language and on their own terms; and,
- Create a descriptive capability based on primary and unstructured data.Anderson, Claire“Presenting and Evaluating Qualitative Research.”
How to Write Qualitative Research Methods Description
There is no need to write any thesis here or conclusion. The main purpose of all qualitative research methods is to help you to understand the opinion and behaviour of your clients. The main methods can be divided into this useful list:
- Ethnographic analysis
- In-depth interview
- Case study
- Focus groups
- Content analysis
You do not need to provide some complicated analysis of the information provided by a research. Just describe people’s opinions and nature of their decisions. The opportunities for a modern customer is too wide sometimes. That is why this type of paper is so important these days and more complicated.
Qualitative Research Methods Description
Here is the list with short descriptions of the most relevant qualitative research methods:
- Personal Interview: this is the most popular and effective analysis method of all. Just talk to a person asking about the reasons of their decision. Then you can gather all the answers from all people you were talking to and get the clearest picture possible.
- Focus groups: is another popular way to analyze the entire market and get customers opinions. Just gather few respondents (from six to ten people will be enough) that are involved and interested in your particular market part to find out their opinion.
- Ethnographic research: this would be the deepest qualitative method of all. You need to interview a certain group of people from a certain geographical region. Their opinion should be connected to their location drastically.
- Case study research: this is one of the most recent qualitative methods. It was developed just few years ago completely. It may seem to be too complicated for a beginner to deal with. You should use a great number of factors such as education, background, location, social position, and so on.
- Record keeping: for this particular method you should use already existing interviews and data. The information should be still relevant to get your research done correctly. You may just visit a library to collect information and conduct your research.
- Process of observation: this is just the simplest and the most subjective qualitative method of research to gather info. You need to collect information building your analysis on your subjective observations and opinion.
Useful Tips on How to Collect Data
There are two main ways of how to collect relevant information:
- Qualitative data collection
- Qualitative data analysis
Here are some tips you can use for both of them to conduct your work correctly:
- The most important point you need to recon with is the amount of collected data. It should be wide enough to get the most valuable and truest picture of the market tendencies.
- You need to decide regarding your notes taking method before starting your analysis. If you are doing a personal interview, you need to take handwritten notes or even use a video and audio recorder.
- You should be ready it will take time to transcribe all your notes before you start writing. Sometimes it may take you few days and dozens of pages to get all the notes transcribed and analyzed. So you should be ready and keep this time in mind before you even start your paper. Also, note the time you may need if your deadline is too short and time frames are very short. Some researchers also create separate folders for various groups of respondents.
- Also, do not forget to leave some comments about the environment the interview were help in, the character of the respondent, and all the details that can be important for you and your qualitative research. Such notes will also be useful when you are will be transcribing all those interviews.
Professional Qualitative Research Help
Hope this information prepared by our experts will help you to understand the main purpose and methods of qualitative research. In case any problems occur you may ask a professional writer to help you. Our team consists of absolute writing masters. They can deal with any type of academic assignment no matter how tough the prompt is and how soon the deadline will expire. Just fill in the order form and your paper will be done perfectly with all the instructions followed.